Aloha and happy valentine's day OTDHipHop fam!
Today we had the pleasure of interviewing Toriyama,
a hip hop artist from Oakland, CA, and part of Kurse Krew.
Check out the full interview below:
1. What is your artist name?
My name is Toriyama from a collective called "Kurse Krew".
2. What city/state/country are you reppin'?
Oakland, CA, USA
3. How old are you?
I'm 29 years old.
4. How long have you been creating or making music? When did you start?
Off & on for about a decade. I'd say I've taken it a little more seriously the last couple years. Being patient in areas I've never been before.
5. What song/video/project are you currently promoting?
I dropped a collab tape last fourth of July with my guy AjGod, called "Krew Entertainment". That is available on all streaming platforms such as iTunes, Spotify, Tik Tok, etc.
6. What and/or who inspires to write/create?
I get inspired by the people around me. Seeing the choices people in my neighborhood create for themselves.
7. What is your creative process like?
Pretty much on the go. I don't necessarily have much of a creative space lol. There's a park not far from me where I can usually write in a good space.
8. How often do you perform live? Please state any upcoming performances you have.
I performed a couple times last year. In Oakland. This year I do plan on stepping that up a bit.
9. When did you start taking music more seriously, and why?
Past couple of years, I wouldn't say I necessarily took music serious. I just took myself more serious, and the people around me.
10. What do you want people to remember you for?
Creating a new culture. Appreciated and accepted by past & future generations.
11. How can people find you?
SHOUT OUT TORIYAMA FOR BOOKING AN INTERVIEW WITH US!
ARTISTS WANT YOUR MUSIC FEATURED? SUBMIT YOUR MUSIC HERE OR EMAIL US AT OFFICIALOTDHIPHOP@GMAIL.COM
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OTDHIPHOP! MAKE A DONATION HERE.
ON THE DAILY HIP HOP
Blog / Podcast / Network
ABOUT THE HOST
Jehzan Exclusive is a hip hop artist, educator, and entrepreneur from Honolulu, HI. She founded OTDHipHop in 2015. For more, visit her website or social media.